• Advantage of language & geography
• Depends on the kind of technology
• How do you get their quality up?
• Takes two to tango
If you are a partner
• Vendor companies often look at partners in their own terms
• How do you show a holistic solution
• Intros via bio
• What goes in a good bio
• Instagram & twitter
Helping Partner orgs do their own Presales
• Learning services - for customers & partners
• Certification levels (gold silver bronze)
• Strategy vs implementation
• Sales or post.
• Remote = easier to record
• Share out demos & presentation practice
• Video library/partner portal
• Youtube? Unlisted video
• Asynchronous reach
• Gives you something both before or after meetings.
• Something you can measure - do they watch
• Gives value beyond just sales - can add to long term marketing funnel or mapping out customer organizations
• Short = 3 mins
• Has a story
• Bespoke - don't put public
• Time box for effort.
• Don't be a perfectionist.
• You might not hear back from them
• Competitors could see it?
Account managers can have presales requirements
• Some conflicts between too
• Module vs top line revenue.
• Specialists vs generalists
• Make sure everyone is bought into the customer need, and understand the solution to be sold.
• Make sure you are working well as a team, and share a view of the business side
• Build up each other's credibility
Selling without competitive advantage
• Get the "fire in their bellies"
• You need to sell better than your competition
• Think about non-technical competitive advantages
• How do you handle the customer problems.
• Be a better partner for the customer.
• RFP response - easy to just fill in the cells in the spreadsheet. Need to differentiate. What additional information do you supply?
Next week's topic
• Digital tactics