- Bring/buy bottles of champagne - start celebrating the wins?
- Help finish the deals?
- Document War Stories
- Build more Scalability
- Open up new customers
- Develop your career
- Win/Loss/Pending Reviews?
- Hand off to Post Sales
- Get customer success stories and references
Bring/buy bottles of champagne
• Team bonding
• Get to know each other
• Catch up on certifications
• Practice time - with a friendly audience
• Lots of "Stick time" - hands on time in the environment
• Learn new things
• Prime time to do training
• Learn new products
• Some teams have a allocated time, but it is hard to take at other times
• For shared pools you can get other team members to cover for you.
Help finish the deals?
• Probably too late
• Get the customer technical folks out of the way
• No early stage activities for current opportunities
• Opposite sometimes, customer wants you there as a trusted advisor.
• Different role from normal. Closing down, not opening up the deal.
Share war stories
• Document and share what went wrong and good.
Things that allow scalability
• Outstanding things
• Vertical demos
Opening up new customers
• Early stage meetings solo
• Take SDRs with you - instead of the rep
Is end of quarter a real thing?
• Don't feel the same as an AE does.
• Just a date.
• How much can you influence on dates, and what is in play?
• Can you help others out? See what else can be brought in?
• What can you help to try and bring in early?
Breaking into presales? Developing your career?
• Ask presales leaders if you can learn their products, demos, etc.
• Ask to join in any team training materials?
• Reach out to target companies and organizations.
• Download trial versions of their products & learn to use/demonstrate it
• Always a good time to reach out and develop your career ambitions
• Spend time looking at what is working or not
Handoff to post sales.
• Do it early!
• At stage 4 out of 5, it is a good time to start the handoff
• Customer wants to feel it to be seamless
• Postsales could be annoyed at non-standard inclusions. It's still better to have that discussion early and solve the problem together.
• Join in on existing customer discussions.
Getting customer success stories
• As a trusted advisor you can have a strong hand in helping get good stories from the customers
• Encourage the AE to get it into the contract
• Early discussion with the right people.
• Get a selection story about a customer
Call out/shout out/celebrating success
• We're in sales
• Make sure recognition is made to everyone who helps make a deal possible
• Pointing out why things aren't won!