I was lucky enough to attend two sessions on Day One of the PSLC Executive Summit, a great celebration of presales leadership and some big topics.
The Monumental Shift in our profession
• Channing Ferrer, Shannon Trainor Stak, Doug Ito, Alexandra Beretta
• So many different titles!
• Shift - from support to proactive & more of a "co-pilot"
• Self service matters
• Changing the way things are bought.
• Presales role changes too!
• Investing more in customers with more Long Term Value
• Presales people don't like time tracking!
• Fostering Innovation and challenging the status quo
• Presales to play a bigger role in Product Led Growth
• More opportunity for Specialisation
• LEADERS: Marjorie Abdelkrime, Delia Parman, Cristina Randazzo, Rob Bruce.
• Scaling up the organization
• Increasing reach
• Not about eradicating your job
• Removes the less valuable part of the discovery/early stage sessions.
• Can yield better information back.
• Where should leaders start when trying to start scaling.
• Speeding up the buying journey - customers get information quicker and reduce the number of interactive meetings that are needed
• Recognise the early adopters and promote the value of the work.