We had a good talk last week on PresalesTalks about social media, personal & professional accounts, and how to get started in a new role using social media.
Join us again next week for more presales talks
Joining a new company and wondering what to do about that on social media?
• Post your first day experience
• Start linking to colleagues, customers, industry contacts, other presales
• Make posts about your early observations
• Your experience and growth journey is interesting in itself
Social networking to Competitors? Dos and Don't
• Sales leadership vs presales leadership
• Is it ok?
• You don't compete in every aspect
• You have a special respect for your competitor
• Defensiveness vs openness
• Practical approach - good intentions in how you connect
• Comment on their posts.
Dividing your social media accounts
• One for your interest/hobby
• One for your professional life?
• Or combine it into one account about you?
• Can you leverage one passion as an anecdote?
○ Building a brand?
○ What resonates the most with your audience(s)?
○ Are some of your passions mutually exclusive?
○ Where do you draw the line of personal vs professional
○ Think of what your personal brand is, and stay on brand!
○ Splitting your efforts
○ More effort to maintain and keep multiple accounts running
○ Might stop people from parts of audience getting to know the real you!