What got you here won't get you there (read the book)
• Changing your relationship with your old team
What should you stop doing?
• Trying to please everyone
• Trying to work at 100% utilization
• Take more time to make decisions
• Spend some time on strategy, planning and decisions.
Into a new organization
• Don't pretend you know everything
• Aren't necessarily having the same skills as the team members
• Are they meant to sub into the individual role.
• Aren't focused on their individual skills - it isn't about them anymore.
• Bring the best out of the individuals
• Find additional advocates for their needs.
Sales engineering Leadership
• Need passion for presales skills
• Help coach and enable the team members
• Be able to be customer facing
What should you do in the first period of time
• Think about your customers (sales org)
• Think about your manager and what they want from you
• Make sure you get to know your team quickly and how they work.
Ways of thinking: Strategic, Operational, Individual
Helping individuals be successful
• What skill do you want to work on