Leading with Empathy
• Traffic cop example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErASUGL00gQ
Caller 1: Attended day 3
• Todd Janzen - Scaling presales.
Brand - really exciting(Check video from Christine Stegmeyer)
• Intimidating talking with people who have already written books about presales & leadership
• Personal branding
• Showing your intention and aspiration
• What are you known for
• What do people say about you?
• Do you create your brand or do you just let it happen by accident?
• Massive topic
• So active!
Higher for then & Future sales engineer
• Highlighted different elements
• Education level of buyers
• Insights into the day in the life of an SE.
• Making the time of the demo engineer more meaningful.
What if I don't want to be a manager?
• Individual contributor focus
• Don't be forced to be a manager, do it if you love it and care about the performance of others.
How does a manager work?
• Do they do a combination of both customer facing and management things.
• Some balance individual and teamwork with their role
• Need to put the team first ahead of the customers.
• Don't lose touch with what your team does for their customers.
• Virtual world makes it easier
• Two way benefit?
• Imposter syndrome - is it ok to reach out to them?
• Formal vs informal process.
• Value of internal/external mentors
• People you've worked with in the past.
What stuck with you?
• No harbour tours!
• How loud and exciting the Presales community is.
• Be willing to go down into "the hole" with your team member and feel what they feel